New to yoga
Welcome to yoga at Kula! Yoga is a powerful and transformative practice that can be done by students of all levels, ages and abilities. While our teachers and staff will help you settle in and feel comfortable at Kula, it can take time to get familiar with this practice. Please feel free to ask anyone at the studio any questions. Here are some friendly tips to get you started.
GUIDELINES FOR PRACTICE:
- Be patient and kind to yourself as your practice unfolds.
- Arrive ten to fifteen minutes early to prepare for class.
- Refrain from eating a heavy meal two to three hours before practicing.
- Arrive well hydrated!
- Please remove shoes upon entering the studio.
- Remember to turn off your mobile device to cultivate a calm and peaceful space.
- Inform your teacher if you are working with any limitations or injuries to ensure you have a safe and healing practice.
- Please observe silence in the studio before the start of class, allowing all students to savour quiet time for meditation and reflection.
- Avoid wearing perfume or cologne, as others may have allergic reactions to fragrances.
- Wear clothing that is comfortable and wicks away sweat.
- All classes are drop-in, unless specified as pre-registered.
What to bring:
Hot yoga classes: a yoga mat, a beach-size towel and water.
(A second towel is suggested for the shower after class!)
Regular temperature yoga: a yoga mat, and water
Comfortable clothing that is easy to move in and wicks away sweat.
Our change rooms are outfitted with showers and complimentary eco-friendly soap.
Please bring your own mat. If you do not have your own, mats are available to rent for $2.00. Mats are disinfected after each use with Benefect, a 100% botanical and hospital-grade disinfectant made of plant products.
If you prefer, Jade yoga mats (made of all natural materials) are available to purchase at reception.
Upon arriving, new students are asked to complete our waiver form. Please note, if you are under the age of 18 you will require the signature of a guardian.
Just in case…we have it on hand:
Mason Jars $2.00.
*We sell mason jars as an eco-friendly alternative to bottled water to ensure you stay hydrated during class.